Muslims believe in the prophet Mohammed and their God Allah. Islam is the fastest growing religion at the present time because of the their growing populations in various regions. Islam was established in the 7th Century by Muhammed who was a merchant, who became rich after marrying Maymunah bint al-Harith of Mecca. Muhammed apparently received messages inside a cave which later became the Koran. Muslims consider themselves as the defendants of Ishmael, the son of Abraham. The five pillars of the Muslim faith consist of:
- To pronounce the Shahada: “There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is the apostle of God.”
- Speak the ritual prayer Salat.
- Almsgiving (Zakat)
- Fasting during Ramadan.
- Going on the Hajj to Mecca.
Some beliefs that are contrary to the Bible:
- Jesus is considered to be only a prophet not God: Ex. 3:14; Isaiah 9:6.
- the Bible is not reliable: 2 Tim 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21, Ps.12:6-7.
- Salvation is accomplished: Salvation is attained by following the five pillars.